Pages

Blogroll

September 2021
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

Online M.Ed. in Sci. Ed. Program @ UBC

Dear Science Educators:

Today is an exciting day for many of us in British Columbia, as we are starting our new academic year.  It is especially exciting as many of us who had to teach online can return back to our campuses. While online education has its advantages, seeing students in person is also very important. I hope this year we will return to normalcy. I wish you a healthy, productive, collaborative, and intellectually exciting year. I hope it will be a great year for our students and teachers!

As I am writing this, I am thinking of my upcoming year here at UBC. I always look forward to meeting new physics teacher-candidates and getting to know the next generation of physics educators in BC. These are the people who inspire and challenge me to try and get better at what I do. I feel that I have been a student all my life and I am happy about it.

For all of you who have been teaching for a while and feel that you might need some inspiration while upgrading your education, I would like to announce that this fall we are starting recruitment for our third fully online cohort of M.Ed. in Science Education: https://pdce.educ.ubc.ca/med_science/ It will begin in the fall of 2022. We already have one group of science teachers who have successfully completed it and the second group is well on their way to complete in 2022. I think this M.Ed. was very timely for our science teachers, as we have heard lots of positive feedback about it. The online mode allowed educators to engage with other teachers despite the physical distance, while giving teachers the flexibility of arranging their day to manage their teaching, family and other commitments.

If you would like to know more, please check the web site  at the University of British Columbia: https://pdce.educ.ubc.ca/med_science/  and you can always email me. I wish you and your families and students all the very best!