A year after this course is over, I want and hope that you will…
- remember and use a comprehensive model of the Self to critically evaluate your own and others’ engagement in social media.
- notice anecdotes and personal experiences in social media as triggers of inquiry, followed by seeking, synthesizing, and identifying gaps in empirical and theoretical scholarly literature to help understand them.
- analyze social media data to identify psychological phenomena, and attempt to explain your findings using relevant and current psychological research and theory.
- use social media deliberately to effect positive change in your own life and perhaps a larger community, and attempt to measure the impact of your actions.
- effectively engage in a scholarly community of inquiry in various ways, including face-to-face and using tools of social media.
- develop the skill and willingness to critically evaluate your own and others’ ideas and the manner in which they are presented.