Current Students

Robyn McClure

I grew up in Nova Scotia where I completed an BSc (hons) in psychology with a specialty in neuroscience. Given my interest in the brain and behavior, I completed an MA in behavioral neuroscience (Thesis: 17β-estradiol, but not estrone, increases hippocampal neurogenesis and activation of new neurons in response to spatial memory in adult female rats) at UBC. I found the work to be fascinating, but also wanted to work more directly with children, so I decided to complete a Master of Education in School Psychology and focused my research on peer interactions in children and youth. Now, as a Doctoral Candidate, I am able to draw from the knowledge as I pursue the goal of becoming a registered psychologist with a specialization in neuropsychology. Among my doctoral experiences was a recent practicum at BC Psychosis, where I completed neuropsychological assessments with individuals suffering from treatment-resistant psychosis. Currently, I am completing a doctoral internship in the Neuropsychology and Neurodevelopmental Track at the BC School and Applied Psychology Internship Program. This includes a rotation at the PRTC Neuropsychological Clinic and the Able Developmental Clinic. My dissertation relates different facets of empathy to defending behaviors in bullying.

Bookmark the permalink.