Constitution of the UBC Postdoctoral Association
The name of the Association is ‘UBC Postdoctoral Association’, abbreviated to ‘UBC PDA’.
The mission of the Association is:
To enhance the academic and professional experience and encourage peer engagement of postdoctoral researchers at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
The purposes of the Association are:
- To foster a community for postdoctoral fellows and research associates (hereafter referred to as ‘PDFs’ and ‘RAs’ respectively) and facilitate networking across UBC and affiliated institutions.
- To act as a collective voice for issues of relevance and interest to PDFs and RAs at UBC.
- To provide a liaison between PDFs and RAs, the UBC administration (including the Postdoctoral Fellows Office (PDFO)), and the wider UBC community.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of relevant issues and to distribute pertinent information to PDFs and RAs at UBC.
- To host cross-campus events that highlight the scholarly work of PDFs and RAs.
- To work with the PDFO to promote and develop effective training and career counseling for PDFs and RAs at UBC.
Statement of Values
The core values of the Association are:
Participation: We strive to foster and promote engagement of all UBC and affiliated postdoctoral researchers with the Association, their peers, and the University community.
Collaboration: We believe in open, collaborative dialogue to critically and objectively determine the best actions and priorities of the Association for the benefit of those it represents.
Equity: We value and respect all members of the University community, and the contribution all make to the membership, leadership, and activities of the Association.
The Association shall adopt Bylaws that supplement, interpret, and are in accord with this Constitution.
Constitution – 2018 Revised [.PDF]
Bylaws – 2018 Revised [.PDF]
Constitution amended by unanimous vote on March 14, 2018.
Bylaws adopted by unanimous vote on March 14, 2018.
Original Constitution ratified by unanimous vote on November 18, 2010.