The UBC Postdoctoral Association is looking for postdocs and research associates to volunteer as members of the Executive Team.
You would primarily serve as the association’s extension within your department/institute: help with the orientation of new postdocs, make sure postdocs in your department know they are represented by the PDA, and help spread the word regarding our events and social activities.
Executive Team members can also participate in our monthly executive meetings and help shape future PDA policies and activities.
All those willing to help out are welcome! Currently, Executive Team members come from the following departments, so if yours isn’t listed we’d be particularly happy to have you:
- Institute of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- The Biodiversity Research Centre
- Center for Blood Research
- Department of Botany
- Department of Cellular and Physiological Science
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Life Sciences Institute
- Department of Medical Genetics
- Michael Smith Laboratories
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Department Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Division of Respiratory Medicine
If you’re interested in becoming an Executive Team member, please send us an email.