Galen Wright

GalenWrightPDAphoto 180pxGalen Wright statement PDA Executive
Position: VP-Communications

Statement:
I have been a UBC postdoctoral fellow at the Canadian Pharmacogenomics Network for Drug Safety since July 2014. My research involves the application of bioinformatic analyses to genomic and clinical datasets with the ultimate goal of making medications both safer and more effective. Having moved to Canada to start this position, the PDA has been a great way to meet other postdocs at UBC and remain informed of relevant campus events. I am therefore grateful for this opportunity to apply for the position of VP-Communications. Over the past couple of years, social media has become increasingly important to research, facilitating the dissemination of information and networking in a manner not previously possible. Personally, I make frequent use of social media platforms (e.g. Twitter) to stay up-to-date with advances in my field and communicate with peers. As VP-Communications I would like to use this experience to strengthen the online presence of the PDA both nationally and internationally, by building on the strong foundations that have already been established and reaching out to other PDAs across Canada. Thank you!