Nima Mohtaram

Nima K Mohtaram 180pxProfile Statement
Nima Khadem Mohtaram
March 3, 2015

I moved from beautiful Victoria to Vancouver in 2015 to open another exciting chapter in my life. During my Ph.D. in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, at the University of Victoria (UVic), I have been focusing on engineering neural tissues using stem cells for spinal cord injuries. Currently, I am a postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, at the Faculty of Medicine. I am interested in designing new polymer biomaterials for red blood cells surface engineering. I served as the Student Member of Board of the Canadian Biomaterials Society. During this position, I have had this pleasure to act as the student’s representative across Canada. Moreover, I have also served as a student board member in the International Students Advisory Council at the University of Victoria Global Community, and also the Center for Biomedical Research at UVic. I am very excited to excel my experience in organizing workshops, mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, and developing knowledge translation skills such as giving public talks. It will be my sincere hope that I will be elected to act as the Vice President Finance at the UBC Postdoctoral Associations.