Instructor: Karthik Pattabiraman
TAs : Frolin Ocariza Jr. , Anna Thomas, Derek Hsieh
This is a third-year course on software design for electrical, computer and software engineering majors. The pre-requisite for this class is CPSC 260 (Object Oriented Programming Design) or equivalent. Students are expected to have strong backgrounds in object oriented and procedural programming. Prior experience with Java is helpful but not required. However, students will be expected to pick up Java on their own for the assignments.Here is a useful reference for learning Java.
|What ?||When ?||Where ?|
|Lectures||Tuesdays and Thursdays (3:30 PM to 5:00 PM)||CHBE 102|
|Karthik’s Office hours||Tuesdays/Thursdays (5:00 PM to 5:30 PM)||KAIS 4048|
|Lab hours||Depends on the section||MCLD 348|
- All course-related questions must be posted on the Piazza.com website for this course. We will NOT respond to course questions through email. Please sign up for this class on Piazza.
- For questions that are specific to your situation, you can mark your post as private in Piazza, which means that only the instructors can see it. Again, we will NOT respond to these questions through email, so please do NOT email us.
We will cover the following topics in this course:
- Modular Development: Procedures, exceptions, data abstractions, iteration and polymorphism
- Programming in the large: Requirements analysis, writing specifications, concurrent programming, testing and debugging
- Other activities: Design and evaluation, quality assurance, etc.
The course syllabus is available in here.