About Me

I am Karthik Pattabiraman, a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, Canada (since 2010). I received my PhD in 2009 in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), where I worked with Ravi Iyer and Zbigniew Kalbarczyk in the DEPEND research group in CSL. I received an MS in Computer Science also from UIUC in 2004, working with Dan Reed, and my B.Tech from Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, University of Madras, India, in 2001. Before joining UBC, I was a post-doctoral researcher at Microsoft Research (Redmond) working with Ben Zorn in the Research in Software Engineering (RiSE) group in 2009. For a detailed bio, see here.

New I’m listed in the DSN conference’s Hall of Fame (only Canadian researcher)

Curriculum Vitae (Full, 2-page) (last updated: April 2021)

Research Summary (last updated: November 2019)

Publications (since 2010) (Selected , All, Google Scholar, DBLP)

Students: Present, Past, Future (Please read before contacting me !)

Selected Publications by Research Area (in the last 5 years):

Error Resilience [DSN’21A][TDSC][ISSRE’20A][ISSRE’20B][SC’20][DSN’20][TDSC][ISSRE’19][SC’19][ICS’19][DSN’18A][DSN’18B][SC’17][HPDC’17][DSN’17][ICST’17]
IoT, Edge and Web Applns. [DSN’21B][SPE][DTRAP][ISSTA’20][ACSAC’19][SAC’19][TECS][ICSE’18][ECOOP’18][FSE’17][ASE’17]

Research Sponsors: Our research is generously supported by the following organizations. If you’re interested in sponsoring our research, please contact me.

Research Collaborators (other than the above):