As an educator, I enjoy opportunities to teach in international contexts because I learn immensely about myself as well as about the ways that teaching and learning is taken up in different contexts. As an educator, I have taught in India, Nepal, and Vietnam. In these countries, I have had different roles including: primary school teacher, university instructor, and trainer for university instructional skills.
Some of the specific roles that I have held include:
- Working as an elementary school teacher at Bloom Public School in New Delhi, India.
- Being a guest lecturer in the Peace Education Training Program for school teachers in New Delhi, India.
- Being a guest lecturer in the Masters of Philosophy in Education Program at Tribhuvan University in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Facilitating the Instructional Skills Workshop to faculty and staff at Tra Vinh University in Tra Vinh, Vietnam.
- Being a guest lecturer in the Masters of Education Program at Tra Vinh University in Tra Vinh, Vietnam.