About

I am currently completing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Educational Studies from the Department of Educational Studies at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, British Columbia (BC), Canada. I hold a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Society, Culture, and Politics in Education from the Department of Educational Studies at UBC  as well as a Bachelor of Education degree in Elementary Education from the University of Victoria, BC, Canada. I am a certified teacher with the BC Ministry of Education and I have worked as a teacher both locally and internationally. I am passionate about education and about supporting teaching and learning in both formal and informal settings. I have over seven years of experience working in community development and education, in public, non-profit, and private settings as well as experience working internationally in education and non-profits in India. My areas of interest include: teaching, training, and facilitating; curriculum and program development; community-based research; international education and community development; and policy analysis.

I am currently employed at the UBC Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology (CTLT), as the Learning Design and Curriculum Consultant in the Curriculum and Course Services team. In this role, I work collaboratively with departments and units to identify curriculum needs, consult on how to address these needs, and oversees related curriculum projects through implementation and evaluation. I also support faculty, staff, and graduate students to teach more effectively. Outside of my work at CTLT, I do consulting work with individuals and organizations that are interested in educational development and coaching. Some of the organizations that I have worked with include: BC Ambulance Service, Fraser Health Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health, Stenberg College, and Vantage Point.

For more information about my work and volunteer experience, or for information on my education and training, please refer to my curriculum vitae (CV) and resume which are located on the CV page.