Who: Yubai Liu
Unit: Student Support and Advising
Position: Enrolment Services Professional, Vancouver Campus
Since: January 2018

Professional Background: I graduated from SFU with a degree in Psychology and Biomedical Physiology & Kinesiology. After graduating, I had the opportunity to work as an Admissions Advisor for about four years at a graduate university, and had the chance to recruit across Canada and down the west coast into the States. During this time, I also volunteered at the Crisis Centre, both on the phones and training new volunteers. About a year and half ago, I joined UBC and served as an Academic Advisor in the BCom program. I also started my MA program in Organizational Psychology at the same time and I’m sloooowly going through that right now – hopefully I will be done before 2020!

Personal: I like to travel quite a bit – most recently I finished a 5 week solo trip mainly around Eastern Europe. I was quite involved with Varsity athletics during my Bachelor’s degree, and being able to head down to California for races during the Vancouver winter was an added benefit! I have absolutely zero artistical talents, but I worked as a bartender for a summer, so that’s something right? Oh, and I am getting myself into watching reality TV as a way to stay with the times.