February is Black History Month – a time for us to intentionally focus on celebrating and elevating the achievements and contributions of Black Canadians, Black British Columbians, and Black students, faculty and staff at UBC.
There are a number of resources available for us to learn from. Check out some of the curated lists of resources via the links below:
- Black History Month at UBC https://events.ubc.ca/black-history-month/
- BC Black History Awareness Society https://bcblackhistory.ca/
- Events, stories and books via the Equity Office https://equity.ubc.ca/news-and-stories/celebrate-bhm/
- Hogan’s Alley Society (Vancouver): https://www.hogansalleysociety.org/
- National Film Board: https://www.nfb.ca/playlist/nfb_celebrates_black_history_month/
Please share any other resources or events in the comments!
Special thanks to Kim Sicoli for the resources listed here.