Hala is an Enrolment Services Professional in Student Support and Advising.  She enjoys the “diversity of the day to day work, and the challenges and successes that are presented with each day.  And the ESP team is the best!”

Hala, where did your travels take you to?

Rawai in the south of Thailand.  I went to train Muay Thai Kickboxing.

What were some of your favourite memories during your trip? 

The beaches of Rawai and Nai Harn are pure paradise.  The Big Buddha is a site to see as well.  He is really big!  It is a very windy road to get to him. Helmets are a must for all Scooter adventures in Thailand.

Please tell us all about the authentic Thai food!

Every coconut curry I had was the best coconut curry I’ve ever eaten. And the fruit shakes- so yummy!

Finally do you have any advice for people wanting to travel to Thailand?

I think everyone should travel to Thailand.  The people are so friendly, the food is amazing, and the beaches are outstanding. I would also recommend for anyone to try Muay Thai while they are there as well.  Many of the gyms are set up to welcome everyone no matter their skill level or athletic ability.  The history of Muay Thai runs deep with the Thai people and they are happy to share these traditions with tourists.  Please often ask me why I participate in such a violent sport.  You don’t have to want to become a fight champion to gain the tremendous personal benefits from training regularly.  Muay Thai has taught me that my body and my mind can be pushed to limits that I never once thought possible.  The explosively and reactive techniques learned in Muay Thai are powerful movements that can help shake us out of our daily routine.  They teach us that we can change our limiting beliefs of who we are or what we are capable of and be replaced with new ones of strength and possibilities.