Module 3- Post 3: Indigenous Caribbean Center Information on Indigenous Peoples of the Caribbean

The more I discover about indigenous people of the Caribbean the more embarrassed I am. For I when I began this course I never fathomed they existed in such great numbers on the islands. I was aware of their presence on the South American mainland but Caribbean history at school taught me that they were extinct on the Caribbean island.  However thankfully they have leveraged the web to debunk this historical myth as is seen on Indigenous Caribbean Center web site. This blog is organized to provide easy access any with interest on the topic. The links of note are:

1. Pages that list sites that are BY or ABOUT Indigenous Peoples of the Caribbean, organized by country
  2. Articles from the journal: Issues in Indigenous Caribbean Studies
  3. INDIGENOUS CARIBBEAN NETWORK (a social network site) 

It was interesting to note that the journal was registered with the National Library of Australia, under the original title of Issues in Caribbean Amerindian Studies. Which reinforced the point that indigenous communities the world over are threaded together by issues created by colonization.