Eye on the Arctic

Eye on the Arctic is an interesting website that has information on all of the northern Arctic countries. It is produced in partnership between various organizations in Canada, Denmark, Finland, Greenland, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and the United States of America. In addition to news articles and blog posts, the site includes a number of videos, audio clips and special reports.

What I found interesting as I surfed through this site is the perspective it offeres. The total focus on what is happening in the arctic around the world is an interesting one, as it is not something that generally gets much news coverage on a regular basis. The Eye on the Arctic site is up-to-date, well-written, and includes information on a variety of issues, including geopolitics, culture, society, the environment, and business.

You can sort any of these issues by the country you are interested in learning about. The site also includes an RSS feed option, and links to both Facebook and Twitter accounts. I think this site provides good context for discussing the ongoing, and increasingly important, issues in the Arctic.

http://eyeonthearctic.rcinet.ca/

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.