Factors Influencing the Effective Use of Technology for Teachings and Learning

This webpage is actually a part of the ERIC database (Education Resources Information Center). The site is one of the few you can actually access a full text pdf of an article without paying or being a member (with hidden costs). The article, Factors Influencing the Effective Use of Technology for Teaching and Learning: Lessons Learned from the SEIR-TEC Intensive Site Schools. 2nd Edition, is valuable to any research focused on the uses of technology in the classroom; not just for adult education centers. I found it interesting that the article mentioned that one of the factors that influence the use of technology in the classroom also depends on the ability of the teacher to use the teachnology as well. The article focused on the years 1995 to 2000, a whole 10 to 15 years before I read it but it is still true today. I have recently encountered teachers not open-minded to the use of technology because they don’t know how to use it either. I have also noticed a generation gap between the teachers who are incorporating technology and those set against it.

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED471140&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED471140

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.