Letter of Application

5184 Sapphire Pl

Richmond, BC V7C 4Z9

Jan 24, 2023

All Classmates

ENGL301, UBC

Vancouver BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Classmates:

Please consider my application for the technical writing team member position in your group for the duration of the semester. I will graduate from UBC in May with a bachelor’s degree of Kinesiology. According to UBC School of Kinesiology, the program strongly associates with health science and studies human body movement, physical activity and sport, their impact on health, performance, society, and quality of life.

As you can see from my blog bio page, I also had a technical diploma in China before I immigrated to Canada. Although English is not my native language, it has been the major communication tool throughout my career as a product manager, sales and customer service representative in various international companies, such as Huawei, Blackberry, Rogers, and Telus. I extensively used English to create product PowerPoint presentations, sales proposals, and marketing promotions. Moreover, I have many years of working experiences in China, Russia, and Canada which empowers me with rich intercultural knowledge for effective communication.

I believe English knowledge is the foundation to enhance my expertise in health and fitness. I have purposefully chosen English elective courses along with my major courses in my academic years at Langara and UBC. I look forward to working with my teammates for the duration of this semester.

Sincerely,

Long You

301LongYouApplicationLetter