NEW BC Institute of Agrologists Scholarships
Agrologists! Do you know a student attending a BC post-secondary agrology-related program?
To support future agrologists in achieving their career in agrology, the BC Institute of Agrologists will award up to two $1500 scholarships annually.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must be:
- enrolled in a degree program in a recognized British Columbia post-secondary institute
- enrolled in 3rd or 4th undergraduate degree program or a post-graduate (Masters) program
- full-time or part-time (no fewer than 2 courses)
- enrolled in a program of study related to agrology
- a student member or member of BCIA (Complete student member application at https://www.bcia.com/members/student-membership )
- Canadian or permanent resident of Canada
- B+ average academic achievement in previous 2 years(minimum of 15 courses) of post-secondary degree studies
Applicants must provide a 300 to 500 word essay on the topic “What is Agrology in British Columbia?” The essay should demonstrate an understanding of agrology in the province of BC and provide support for the ideas expressed. All applicants must first be accepted as a member or student member of BCIA before submitting their application. Scholarship recipients may have their photo and essay published in BC Institute of Agrologists promotional materials.
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2018. The BCIA Communications Committee will review eligible applications based on the essay submission. The scholarships will be awarded by Dec. 1, 2018. Questions may be sent to email@example.com
NOTE: Scholarship applications must include official unopened transcripts and be mailed to BC Institute of Agrologists, 2777 Claude Road, Victoria, BC V9B 3T7 and post-marked no later than Oct. 15, 2018.
Find scholarship application at: https://www.bcia.com/about-bcia/scholarships-and-awards/scholarships-and-awards-potential-agrologists