Please notify me about your intention of applying by Sep 1, 2020.
Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS-D)
Applicants applying through UBC will either be:
- currently registered in, or are on an approved leave of absence from, a degree program at UBC
- not currently registered in but was registered at any other time during the year of application (2020) in a degree program at UBC
Applications will be submitted via each of the agency platforms. The application portals are now open and applicants may begin preparing their applications.
- CIHR: ResearchNet (application instructions)
- NSERC: On-Line System(application instructions)
- SSHRC: On-Line System(application instructions)
For application, nomination, and adjudication procedures that are specific to UBC, please visit: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-doctoral-cgs-d-program. The UBC webpage includes guidance for applicants on transcripts.
UBC Affiliated Fellowships – Doctoral competition
The UBC Affiliated Fellowships doctoral competition runs in concert with the university-adjudicated Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS-D) competition. Students who submit an NSERC, SSHRC, or CIHR doctoral award application are eligible for “unrestricted” Affiliated Fellowships and do not need to submit a separate Affiliated Fellowships application. To be considered for “criteria-based” affiliated fellowship(s), students must submit this checklist to their graduate program by the application deadline.
Those applying only for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship must submit a separate and complete Affiliated Fellowships application in order to be considered for the Affiliated.
Affiliated Fellowship competition information and application/reference forms are available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/affiliated-fellowships-doctoral-program
UBC Deadlines for the Tri-Agency CGS / Affiliated Fellowships Doctoral Competitions
- Applicant deadline: 12:00 PM (noon) PDT on Tuesday, 15 September 2020
- Graduate program nomination deadline: 4:00 PM PDT on Friday, 9 October 2020
Resources: Resources for graduate programs (such as the doctoral transcript checklist) are posted here: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/award-resources-programs/affiliated-fellowships-tri-agency-competitions. Additional resources, such as the Doctoral competition application checklists and nomination materials, will be posted at a later date.