Our first seminar of this academic year will be presenting Jean-Philippe Gervais, the Vice-President and Chief Agricultural Economist at Farm Credit Canada (FCC). He has over 20 years of experience analyzing domestic and international agricultural policies and markets, and his insights help guide strategy and monitor risk throughout the corporation.
You can find the event details bellow. Please share as you deem appropriate!
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2020
Time: 11:30am – 1:30pm
This seminar will cover the role of Farm Credit Canada (FCC) and its offerings, the role of an economist at a financial institution, and the type of economic research the ag-econ FCC research group does.
Meeting ID: 680 5320 1905
Paulina Gonzalez Miranda MFRE
Faculty of Land and Food Systems
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus| Musqueam Traditional Territory
The Centre for Sustainable Food Systems is excited to announce that registration for the for the second half of our 2020 community workshop series is now open!
The UBC Farm hosts a wide range of workshops covering everything from gardening to herbal medicine, fermenting, foraging, and much more. This year, we have added several new workshops and brought back many favourites. All of our workshops are beginner friendly and open to everyone, so please share with your networks (attached are a poster and flyer)! Until further notice, all of our workshops will be conducted online.
For more details and to register, visit http://ubcfarm.ubc.ca/workshops/ or view our list of workshops below. Please sign up early, as popular workshops sell out. We hope to see you (virtually) at our workshops soon!
- *Online* Putting Your Garden to Bed for the Winter on September 22, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Vertical Gardening for Beginners on September 24, 2020 6:00 pm
- *Online* Medicinal Plant Walk on September 29, 2020 6:30 pm
- *Online* Best Practices for Restoring and Growing in Urban Soils on September 30, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Chinatown Dumpling Master Class on October 6, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Fermenting the Harvest: Pickling without Canning on October 8, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Foraging Survival Trip on October 13, 2020 6:00 pm
- *Online* Grow Your Own Mushrooms for Food and Medicine (Indoor & Balcony/Patio) on October 15, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Grow Your Own Mushrooms Outdoors for Food, Medicine, and Ecological Services on October 20, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Growing Sprouts & Microgreens Year Round on October 22, 2020 6:00 pm
- *Online* Foraging for Beginners on October 27, 2020 6:00 pm
- *Online* Snake Oil to Craft Cocktails: The History, Ingredients, Use, and Making of Bitters on October 29, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* DIY Kombucha on November 3, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Mushroom Foraging on November 5, 2020 6:00 pm
- *Online* Food Forests on November 12, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Cooking with Wild Mushrooms on November 14, 2020 11:00 am
- *Online* Crop Planning for Veggie Gardeners on November 17, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Wild Fermented Ginger Beer and Herbal Sodas on November 19, 2020 5:30 pm
- *Online* Herbal Medicine Throughout History on November 25, 2020 6:30 pm
- *Online* Ayurvedic Healing Teas and Tonics on November 26, 2020 6:00 pm
Food Skills Education Work Learn
Faculty of Land and Food Systems | Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at the UBC Farm
The University of British Columbia | Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Territory
Farm Street Address 3461 Ross Drive | Mailing Address 2357 Main Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z4