September 2020 admits: extension to the deadline to clear condition of admission (documents)!
The SAS team has made great progress on working through the thousands of transcripts and degree certificates received the last few months. We’re making our way through documents uploaded in late-October and November, but recognize the December 1st deadline is getting very close. To help ease student, and staff, anxiety the document deadline for the September 2020 admitted students is now January 31, 2021.
G+PS responded to the Covid-19 outbreak with, amongst other measures, a temporary exception to the condition for official documents required of new students.
Reasons for the exception:
- Students admitted to September 2020 were not able to order transcripts as institutions closed in part or in whole for weeks to months.
- The move to remote working at UBC meant that campus mail was inaccessible from mid-March to late-May.
Exception – September 2020: New students were permitted to register for September 2020 even if the condition for official documents had not been met. The deadline given to clear the condition was December 1, 2020.
- Extension to deadline: As noted above, the deadline has been extended to January 31, 2021.
- The deadline extension has been added to the G+PS CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Please advise your students with outstanding conditions of the extension.
May 2020: Current students whose condition of admission had not been cleared by May 2020 would normally have been placed on a GCON (Grad Condition) Hold in the SISC. They were instead granted an extension to December 1, 2020.
- As an uncleared condition of admission can hinder graduation, any students who started their program prior to September 2020 will be placed on a GCON hold in early December until the required documentation has been received and processed.
January 2021: Students commencing their programs this coming January are expected to meet their condition(s) of admission prior to receiving registration eligibility.
Questions? Feel free to respond to this email or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No questions? We’d love to hear how you’re doing!
With thanks and best wishes from the SAS team.
Academic Support Manager
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies | Office of the Dean and Vice-Provost
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver | Musqueam Traditional Territory
170-6371 Crescent Road | Vancouver BC | V6T1Z2 Canada
Phone 604 822 5025