Please post the attached career opportunity for a Crop Risk Specialist. Close date is May 21, 2021.Please let me know if you have any questions.
Derek Hockley, Marketing & Communications Officer, Marketing and Talent Strategies
Human Resources Services and Solutions | BC Public Service Agency| 236-478-1253
Ask MyHR: www.gov.bc.ca/myhr/contact | 250-952-6000 | 1-877-277-0772
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries Victoria
Crop Risk Specialist
$68,008.54 – $85,592.73 annually
This position is also posted as a STO 27 under REQ 76597.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Business Risk Management Branch provides agricultural risk management services to help farmers and farm organizations proactively manage uncertainty through production insurance, income stabilization and wildlife damage compensation programs. These programs are funded through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Agreement between the provinces and Canada.
As the Crop Risk Specialist, you will work independently within the terms, objectives, plans, policies and procedures of the Provincial and Federal Governments, the Ministry and the scientific principles and practices of agronomy and horticulture to analyze current and new agronomic practices and test pilot projects for the high profile production insurance and risk management programs. You will also be providing professional, technical expertise, correlation and standards experience, and guidance for production insurance product design, development, testing, delivery, and maintenance.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the Information technology or Information Management, or Business Administration or related field and 2 years directly related experience; or
- Diploma in a directly related field and 3 years related experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business or Economics; AND
- 5 years’ experience in agriculture industry analysis with a focus on financial and/or production parameters for commodities common to B.C.; OR
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Business or Economics; AND
- 3 years’ experience in agriculture industry analysis with a focus on financial and/or production parameters for commodities common to B.C.; OR
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent or a Diploma in Agriculture, Business or Economics; AND
- 7 years’ experience in agriculture industry analysis with a focus on financial and/or production parameters for commodities common to B.C.
- Registered as a Professional Agrologist, or immediately eligible* for registration as a Professional Agrologist, with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists.
- * Note: immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional Agrologist in another Canadian jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to the BCIA. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the BCIA review their qualifications to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the discipline of agronomy or related to primary agriculture production.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent experience supervising technical and/or administrative staff (within the last 10 years).
For more information and to apply online by May 21, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/76596