Attention – Award Holders
As G+PS is getting ready to assign and renew awards for the 2022 Summer session, please be reminded of your responsibilities to ensure timely payment of your award funding in May:
- Registration: Please register for courses in the 2022S session. Award holders (including tuition award recipients) are required to maintain course registration for the duration of their award funding period. Failure to register for 2022S courses will result in award payment being delayed.
- Award holder’s guide: Please be reminded that changes to your registration (such as program completion and leave of absence) will affect your award payment.
For further information, please visit: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/scholarships-awards-funding/information-award-recipients/award-holders-guide.
Please note that for continuing awards, the summer term award payments are typically assigned to student accounts in mid-April.
For awards-related questions, please contact email@example.com. Please direct questions about course registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Systems Career Development Placements are open for summer 2022
Students gain credit and on-the-ground experience through the course and work placement. Open to all UBC students.
About the Program
The Career Development in Land and Food Systems course (LFS 496) prepares UBC students professionally and academically for future careers through a mentored learning experience with a real food business or organization. Students apply the theory they gain from class through on-the-ground, food system-related work and course assignments that support their practical learning.
Available Positions for Summer 2022
- Community Education Team Member (Fresh Roots Urban Farm)
- Education Assistant (North Shore Neighborhood House)
- Farm Hand (North Shore Neighbourhood House)
- Program Facilitator (Food Stash Foundation)
- Urban Farm Hand (City Beet Farm)
- Sustainable Agriculture Consulting: Cacao Farming in the Philippines (Kasama Chocolate)
Find Out More
Deadline to Apply
Thursday, April 28.
Social Links to Share:
If you have any questions, please reach out. Also, if you are not the right person to contact, let me know.
Melanie Kuxdorf (She, Her, Hers)
Communications and Marketing Manager
Faculty of Land and Food Systems | Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
The University of British Columbia | Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Territory
2357 Main Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z4
email@example.com | ubcfarm.ubc.ca
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
IMPORTANT – deadline for May, 2022 graduation
This is a reminder that the deadline for students to have their theses approved in cIRcle (not just submitted) in time for May graduation is April 22 at 4 p.m.
This is a firm deadline and it is unlikely that exceptions will be approved, so please be aware of this deadline to avoid disappointment.
If you complete ther submission after April 22 but before April 30 you will not be assessed fees for the May term, but you will not be able to graduate in May.
Many thanks for your assistance,
Associate Director, Student Academic Services
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies | Office of the Dean and Vice-Provost
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
170-6371 Crescent Road | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z2 Canada
Phone 604 822 0283
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.grad.ubc.ca