The Postdoctoral Associations of three universities (UBC-Vancouver, UBC-Okanagan, SFU) and GradsPods (British Columbia Cancer Agency Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Society) are organizing our inaugural virtual Postdoc Career Networking Night on March 1, 2022 (4 – 7 pm)! This event features two consecutive career panels and networking opportunities to connect with local company representatives.
All postdoctoral research fellows, research associates, and graduate students from your department and unit are welcome to register and attend.
We would appreciate it if you can circulate the information below and the attached flyer to your network (Faculty of Land and Food Systems). Thank you for your help!
Doris Chow, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, UBC-Vancouver
On behalf of the Postdoc Career Networking Night organizing team
Invitation to Virtual Career Networking Night
Unsure about your career options? Got a Ph.D.? Join us for the inaugural virtual Postdoc Career Networking Night, jointly organized by the Postdoctoral Associations of three universities (UBC-Vancouver, UBC-Okanagan, SFU) and GradsPods (British Columbia Cancer Agency Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Society).
Date: March 1, 2022
Time: 4-7 PM PST
Connect and network with a variety of people in academia, industry, and great companies in an informal setting.
– Dr. Anna Blakney, Assistant Professor, Michael Smith Laboratories, UBC
– Dr. David Anekwe, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, UBC
– Dr. Carolina Tropini, Assistant Professor, School of Biomedical Engineering & Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, UBC
– Dr. Mike Kennefick, Business Development Specialist at Mitacs
– Dr. Rouh Shafaei, Project Manager- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure, Future Grid & Modernization, Integrated Planning at BC Hydro
Representatives will be joining us from:
– Aspects Biosystems
– EarthDaily Analytics
– Good Chemistry
– Ocean wise
Info and registration: bit.ly/3BvfZxk