Multiliteracies in ELA Classrooms

LLED 368 Visual Media Project (Fakebook/Twitter Character Profiles)

July 9th, 2014 · 1 Comment

LLED 368 PDF

Tags: Uncategorized

1 response so far ↓

• TMD // Jul 15th 2014 at 9:50 pm

Dear Cody, Nabila, Ania, Vinay and Tina,

Thanks for introducing the class to the possibilities of “FakeBook” and Twitter as possible venues for exploration of literary character, as well as for your thoughtful write up on your process, etc.

This appears to be a productive activity in which to engage students, with a range of different elements that encourage learners not only to research in the context of developing character biographies, but to role play in the context of comment threads. I really enjoyed perusing your materials during the presentation and wish some of the products could be preserved on the blog. Might you be able to take a screen shot and upload an example so the complexity of the project is evident?

Also, it would have been be useful to include in your write up the link to resources so that class members can replicate the activity if desired (e.g., http://www.classtools.net/FB/home-page and the twitter hash tags for your characters). Perhaps you can add any links to resources I’ve missed in a comment below this one.

Again, thanks for introducing this rich activity — I hope you enjoyed the creative process!

Best regards,

Teresa