Pages

Blogroll

April 2011
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

International Conference for Women in Physics

ICWIP2011_Canadian Team

ICWIP2011_Canadian Team

International Conference on Women in Physics has been one of the most interesting and inspirational conferences I have ever attended. More than 250 women and men from more than 60 different countries attended it. As the conference took place in South Africa, there were lots of attendees from Africa, Asia and other places that rarely visit North America. This was very exciting. I also was so inspired to see so many successful women scientists from all over the world. This was truly an eye opener. In addition, participation in the outreach activity with local girls and meeting local physics teachers was a very special event for me. I hope we will be in touch with them. Here are a few links to the photos I took there:

Pulsars and Extreme Physics – a keynote presentation by Jocelyn Bell Burnell

Nuclear Physics key note address by Cecilia Jarlskog from Sweden. Cecilia has inspired many-many women to study physics. She is an upcoming president of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics: IUPAP

Global Survey of Women in Physics by Rachel Ivie from the American Institute of Physics.