Pages

Blogroll

March 2015
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Research Presentation at Aarhus University

I had been very fortunate to present my work at Aarhus University in Denmark. I spoke about the use of technology in physics teacher education. However the most interesting and inspiring part of my visit was meeting local physics teacher-candidates and seeing how much we (physics teacher educators) have in common. For example, it was interesting to see how we all use technology, how we struggle with explaining physics ideas to our students, how we support our students in meaningful learning of physics. The K-12 education system is very different from the education system we have in Canada as not all students will be attending high school (which is a prerequisite for university, which is FREE). Thus for some students, the last year of general education will be grade 10. This makes teaching science in the upper grades of elementary school (these are not elementary schools, but I do not have a better term for them) is very important. However, teachers who will be teaching physics in this pre-gymnasium schools might not have a strong physics background. This makes it somewhat challenging…

My presentation can be found below:  Tech_Ed_TeachersPlayground2015