Pages

Blogroll

October 2019
M T W T F S S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

GIRLS and STEAM Symposium and Showcase

I was invited to contribute to the Girls and STEAM Symposium and Showcase that will take place on Saturday, November 1st at TELUS World of Science. My colleague Wes Wong is one of the organizers. I am glad I can contribute to this event as a mentor and as a volunteer. More than 150 grade 6-8 girls from all over BC attended the event. It was a very special experience for them and for the volunteers:

Pictures from the event: click here for pictures.

Social Media for the Girls and STEAM Symposium and Showcase

Hashtag – #GirlsandSTEAM

Background –

On Saturday, November 2, 300 girls will arrive at Science World for the second annual Girls and STEAM Symposium and Showcase at TELUS World of Science.

During the Girls and STEAM Symposium the girls will enjoy a day filled with unique workshops, amazing keynote speakers, and opportunities to connect with STEAM professionals. They will learn how to be a disease detective, build self-driving cars out of cardboard and discover how movement can be applied to robots, among many other captivating experiences. All participants will receive lunch and snacks, and take home some awesome Girls and STEAM swag and accessories at the end of the day.

The Girls and STEAM Community Showcase is open to the public and will include eye-popping science shows, table-top demonstrations and opportunities to connect with roles models and mentors to explore science careers and the cool science happening right here in our community. The Community Showcase is open to the public from 10 am-6 pm.