“I love rock and roll…”

So, first last Sunday’s New York Times reminded me of my old age with their piece on the “Graying of the record store” and 2.jpgwell, when your as old as Gumby and Pokey, going to the punk rock show is just not the same, but it’s still lot’s of fun even if you are gray.

Colin and I took in the Van’s Warped Tour at UBC’s Thunderbird Stadium today and there were many more multicolored mohawks in the crowd than there were 50-year-olds. (Colin estimated there were at least 5 or 6 folks my age at the show—and all of them were up front (including me) at the Joan Jett and the Blackhearts set).

Colin’s favorites of the day were goth-punkers AFI. I liked Anti-Flag and Joan Jett—who played her 80s hits plus tunes from her new album “Sinner,” including a cover of Sweet’s “A.C.D.C.” and an anti-Bush tune “Riddles.” And we both enjoyed NOFX and Bouncing Souls.

Best moment of the day was Fat Mike’s (NOFX) rant against religion and his introduction of the Christian metal act that followed them on stage as “Jerry Falwell’s ‘Underoath.'”