iPad Possibilities

Moving from a knowledge-transfer teaching stance towards a more personalized and active approach where students are co-creating knowledge is within reach in many of today’s classrooms. The iPad as an innovative and accessible technology affords so many possibilities. With it’s long battery life, built in messaging, camera, GPS and accelerometer, the iPad truly does allow us to do more than replace existing technology.

I recently came across a comprehensive blog site. The author, Ian Wilson, an ‘Apple Distinguished Educator’ describe the iPad as ‘Agile’ and, in my opinion, he’s right about this and other handheld devices. It allows you to do much of what existing tech can do and more. It basically melds a number of devices into one neat package. Visit Ian’s blog for some interesting applications and ideas.

As a University instructor without access to a class set of iPads, you might ask: how can I harness the power of this device? I would be happy to sit down and co-plan or brainstorm some ideas that will help you set your students on the road to integrating tech in their own classrooms!

Drop into the Digital Sandbox in Scarfe 155 Tuesday or Wednesdays at noon this winter or contact me to set up a specific time for you.    yvonne.dawydiak@ubc.ca

Download the iPad Possibilities handout from our Fall session.  Sandbox_iPadPossibilities_Oct2013

This entry was posted in Apps, ets, iPads, Sandbox Session and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.