Part 1: data gathering
LAB MATERIAL YOU NEED TO READ AND BRING TO THE LAB:
- The lab exercise worksheet: HERE (PDF)
- Fossil identification material: HERE (low quality PDF) and HERE (higher quality PDF)
- It would also be useful to review lectures 05 and 06
LAB READINGS: do these readings BEFORE you attend the lab
- Textbook, from “What Rock color Tells us” on page 89 (90 9e) up to but not including “Organizing Strata to Solve Geological Problems.” on page 103 (102 9e).
- Make your own notes about trilobites from the following web pages:
- Trilobite Origins: HERE (web)
- Trilobite Ecology: HERE (web)
- Trilobite feeding habits: HERE (web)
LAB SAMPLE IMAGES
- Images of samples from the lab: HERE (PDF)
- Images of same species but NOT the lab samples: HERE (PDF)
Part 2; the following Friday, usual lecture room
Synthesis of material you studied in labs and at home in groups of 3 or 4.
Bring all the material you used from part 1. Your text book may be useful too.
Part 3; after the following Friday – ONLINE
Complete the multiple choice questions on CONNECT. The question are provided for you to preview before the test at the back of the lab 1 exercise worksheet provided above.
LAB SOLUTION: <HERE> (only after all work is completed and handed in).