3.1 Business Letters Assignment

Letter #1: Complaint Letter

Andree Coschizza

Heinestrasse 6, 97070

Wurzburg, Bavaria

Nov. 25, 2019

Postbank

Paradeplace 4, 97070

Wurzburg, Bavaria

Attention: Postbank Customer Service Department

Subject: Online banking difficulties

Postbank has built a good reputation for quality banking and customer services, and I have enjoyed using this bank for the past 8 months I have lived in Germany. However, a recent experience has left me confused and unsatisfied.

A few weeks ago, I began to have difficulties using your BestSign app that verifies my identity on the Postbank app and website. Usually this is not a problem because the app and website rarely require two step verification. However, a recent update requires the BestSign app to log in to any online portal, and it has left me unable to access my accounts.

I visited the Paradeplace branch on November 22, 2019, but none of the employees seemed to be aware of the problem or have any idea how to fix it. After explaining my problem at length, the manager of the branch informed me that I was holding up the line and did not have time to help me.

I have been unable to access my accounts for two weeks now, and I am unsure of where to find assistance due to this poor customer service. I would like to bring this matter to your attention, and if possible, request a meeting with a staff member to help access my accounts. Your time and effort are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Andree Coschizza

Letter #2: Bad News Adjustment Letter

Johannes Klausmann

Paradeplace 4, 97070

Wurzburg, Bavaria

Nov. 27, 2019

Andree Coschizza

Heinestrasse 6, 97070

Wurzburg, Bavaria

Dear Andree,

I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. Although we always strive to provide quality customer service, most of our bank tellers are not familiar with online banking issues. I will talk to the branch manager regarding this problem and address the poor service you received.

Due to a new EU law, our bank now requires two-step verification any time you wish to access your account online. I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties with the BestSign app and I would be happy to help reset your account in the branch. This will allow you to access your accounts and use the BestSign app in the future.

I am available Monday to Friday from 10.00-17.00. Please feel free to email me at johannesk@postbank.de to schedule an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you and hope we can continue to provide positive banking experiences in the future.

Sincerely,

Johannes Klaussman

Postbank Customer Service Representative