The West Kootenay Women’s Association Digital History Project, under direction of Marcia Braundy, has just made available a treasure trove for BC woman’s history and feminisms. The timelined site provides easy navigation and documentation for students, teachers, or researchers interested in localizing history through the everyday records of women and pro-feminist activists in the Kootenays. Students of history are given a rare glimpse of the types of records that it took to sustain a feminist movement and culture, and scale up activism to change across the province and country. Records such as the West Kootenay Women’s Association newsletters and images are priceless! Well done Marcia and thank you!!!
- Stella Maris Namae, #UBC PhD Defence: Status and Use of Information Communication Technology in Uganda Secondary Schools: Teachers’ Competencies, Challenges, Dispositions, and Perceptions
- David Wray, #UBC MA Defence: Message Me when You Land: Tourism and Hospitality Students’ Distance Relationships with Friends, Family, and Devices
- Jennifer Jing Zhao #UBC PhD Defence: Design of a 3D Virtual Learning Environment for Acquisition of Cultural Competence in Nurse Education #UBCEDCP
- Sharon Doucet #UBC MA Defence: Redistributing the Teacher: An Analysis of Technology Enabled Teaching in Medical Education #bced #UBCSTS
- Kesiena Chris-Iwuru #UBC MA Defence: Youth Perspectives on #Cyberbullying and Social Media Platforms #bced
TrendingActivism Alumni Apple Avatar Bots case studies Citizen Journalism communication complexity copyright Critical Mass Culture cybernetics Digital Humanities Digitization education engineering Gaming Gender Google HWL HWL Team informatics interdiscipinary knowledge generation library Literacies management McLuhan media Media Studies meta-integration platform popular culture publishing representation research scientific STEM STS systemics technologies Technology Studies Wikipedia Youth