Do your new international TA/RAs require a SIN?

Assisting new international TA/RAs with obtaining a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

We wanted to highlight our SIN Clinic starting August 27 – International Advising Office in collaboration with Service Canada are offering exclusive on-campus appointments for new UBC students to obtain their SIN.

Students are welcome to sign up for an appointment here.

Sign up for your SIN clinic appointment

Does your TA position begin soon or do you want to work in Canada? Before you can start working you need to get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada. You will also need to provide your SIN to UBC for tax purposes.

Service Canada will come to the UBC Life Building to issue SINs exclusively for UBC students starting August 27. This saves you a one hour commute to the nearest Service Canada office.

Spaces are limited, register online today!

Please let our office know if you have any questions, and many thanks for supporting incoming international graduate students!


Emilie Omi, RISIA
International Student Advisor
International Student Development | Student Development and Services
The University of British Columbia |1200 UBC Life Building
6138 Student Union Boulevard | Vancouver, BC  Canada V6T 1Z1
xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Territory
E:  | P: 604-822-1810
Subscribe to the I. House Community Update

Share this: