Please notify Iris or Lia (see emails below) about your intention of applying by November 15, 2021
Lia – firstname.lastname@example.org
Iris – email@example.com
UBC Affiliated Fellowships-Master’s
The UBC Affiliated Fellowships Master’s competition runs in concert with the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS-M; see below) competition. Approximately 50 fellowship with values ranging from $175 to $16,000 are offered through this competition. Current and prospective full-time UBC-Vancouver graduate students can apply regardless of citizenship or visa status. Students who are eligible for the CGS-M must submit a CGS-M application in order to additionally be considered for Affiliated funding.
Detailed Affiliated Fellowships-Master competition information with links to application and reference forms is available at:
Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS-M)
Applicants for Tri-Agency CGS-M competition must be domestic students (Canadian citizen or PR) who are applying for or enrolled in graduate studies anywhere in Canada. Each applicant can select up to 3 universities with the same application. To be considered for a CGS-M at UBC, they must select The University of British Columbia as one of the 3 available institutions.
Details about this award opportunity, including eligibility and evaluation criteria, are available at:
http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/CGSM-BESCM_eng.asp and our site at https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-masters-cgs-m-program.
Students who apply for CGS-M awards will automatically be considered for open/un-restricted Affiliated Fellowships.
To be considered for criteria-based Affiliated Fellowships, students should fill out and submit to their graduate programs the checklist available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/list-criteria-based-affiliated-fellowships.
UBC Deadlines for the Tri-Agency CGS-M / Affiliated Fellowships Master’s Competitions
- Applicant deadline:1 December 2021 before 5:00 pm PST
- Graduate program nomination deadline: Late January (nomination deadline will be indicated in December)
CGSM and Affiliated Fellowships-Master’s information session
- Interested applicants are invited to attend the CGSM information session on Friday, October 22 from 10:30 to 12:00. REGISTER HERE.
What you can do now:
- Importance of the application deadline. CGS-M applications cannot be submitted or edited after the application deadline. Late applications will be ruled ineligible. The CGS-M application deadline is set nationally by the CGS-M funding agency and is not flexible.
- Please ask for reference letters early and to send the instructions to your referees
- Check early if you have all of your official transcripts for all previous studies (including transfer credits). Transcript guidance for applicants is outlined on our CGS-M webpage.
- Note that although the SISC academic history document is accepted for UBC CGS-M applications, it may not be accepted by other universities in Canada, so students applying elsewhere for the CGSM in addition to UBC should order official UBC transcripts.
- It would help us greatly if you are using the same email in your CGS-M Research Portal login as in eVision or SIS. This is absolutely not a requirement, but it helps route the applications to correct programs quicker after the application deadline.