Please share the following announcement as appropriate. Note that this award is externally administered; faculty members nominate their students directly to IBM (departments do not nominate applicants).
IBM PhD Fellowship Award
Since 1951, the IBM PhD Fellowship Program has collaborated with faculty, students and universities by recognizing and supporting exceptional PhD students that address focused areas of interest in technology.
Interested applicants must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member (faculty member nominates the applicant directly to IBM). The nominator provides the supporting documentation (CV, dissertation description, etc.), categorizes the student’s initial career interests, and submits the nomination for evaluation.
- must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member; students cannot nominate themselves.
- must be enrolled full-time in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the fellowship.
- should have three years remaining in their program at the time of nomination so the fellowship can be applied to the last two years of study.
- that are from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- that are receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (except for academic scholarships) during the IBM PhD Fellowship funding period are ineligible for this award
- must stay in the same program for the duration of the award —no transferring of departments or schools.
Value: $6,000 to $25,000 per year
Nomination deadline: November 5, 2021 at 2:00 pm PT (5:00 pm ET)
For more information, including nomination procedures, please see the IBM webpage (https://research.ibm.com/university/awards/fellowships.html) and FAQ (https://research.ibm.com/university/awards/fellowships-faq.html). Questions should be directed to email@example.com.