THINK GLOBALLY, ACT GLOBALLY

by Jing Liu ~ August 5th, 2011. Filed under: Awards, Grants & Scholarships, Events, Experience, Libraries in China, News & Announcement, Professional Development.

Although thinking globally almost every day through out the last two years, I’ve only worked locally. As a bunch of new programs calling my name, I really like to take a part in them–presenting at Area Studies International Conference at Xiamen U. , attending the workshop in Taiwan by the NCL. Now this TGAG project picked me and makes the trip tightly scheduled together with generous funding outside of UBC. I could sense the trouble and extra work of the TGAG by choosing a Canadian. Can’t wait to meet and get to know them in Chicago.

Received many congrats from colleagues since the TGAG news was exposed in the HR Bulletin. Glad to know that I might hang out with several UBC folks in Asia if my schedule allows. Besides revisiting the potential projects with Peking U and NLC, I’d love to meet the librarians at the Xiamen Children’s Library. We stayed in touch for so many years, but never met in person. The annual reports, thank you letters and drawings from the little readers always light up my holiday seasons. Love to volunteer in person during this trip even just for a few hours . Better to conact the Foundation now.

1 Response to THINK GLOBALLY, ACT GLOBALLY

1.   Min

Congratulations, Jing! What a terrific opportunity!