Conversation – C. Scott

When I asked my student advisor what the benefits of teaching the new curriculum were she said there are numerous.  Particularly, the inquiry process which allows students to develop their critical thinking skills and develop their own questions about a topic.  Some of the challenges of the new curriculum she said were getting the students to change their thinking.  For example, students aren’t familiar with the critical thinking process.  Also spending money and taking the time to prepare resources so the students will be successful in the new curriculum.  When I asked her what the implications for me were with the transition into the new curriculum she said it’s a great time to be entering the field.  When I asked her what she wanted to communicate with parents about the new curriculum, she said she wanted to tell them the new curriculum promotes critical thinking and the students can learn about themselves through their own interests.

This entry was posted in All Student Work 2017, Conversation. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Conversation – C. Scott