Peer Review of Formal Report Proposal – Proposal for minimizing caries risk in adolescent clients at Springdale Family Dental

To: Tarandeep Atwal

From: Priyanka Patel

Date: October 15, 2019

Subject: Peer Review of Formal Report Proposal

I read your formal report proposal for minimizing caries risk in adolescent clients at Springdale Family posted on the team forum. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed reading about it and further interested in the outcome of your research. Please see my feedback on the assignment below.

First Impressions:

The topic chosen for this report is very familiar to my knowledge and experience in the field. Your reasoning for the evolution is acceptable to bring change in your current practice. The flow of your report with your explanation supports the need for this research and it seems clear and easy to follow.

Organization: 

• The purpose of the report is clear, easy to follow and information is organized through bold subheadings.
  • There is a great amount of detail for readers to learn and understand.
  • Have you used any resources to propose your solution? If so, it would be required to cite the reference and have a reference list.

Content: 

• Location of the study is clearly stated, and background information of the practice is briefly provided.
  • Introduction has enough detail of the topic and explains the potential need for this research.
  • Statement of problem explains the concern of the practice clearly.
  • Proposed solutions are great possible options to address the concern. However, as mentioned earlier, supporting these solutions with well recognized sources may strengthen the argument.
  • Assessment of risk factors are clearly stated under scope.
  • Method has a plan that is SMART – simple, measurable, achievable, realistic, and can be performed in a decided time frame.
  • Your qualifications and experience will be a great compliment to support this research.
  • Conclusion is stating clear concern for the need of this research.

Grammar and expression: 

• The tone of the writing overall is done in a professional manner throughout the assignment.
  • In the first sentence under conclusion, it is mentioned “increased number of ‘these’ clients diagnosed with caries.
    • To make it clearer, perhaps it can be written as “increase number of adolescent clients diagnosed with caries.”
  • Also, be careful with spacing in your writing. Some sentences have double spaces between some words.
  • Other than that, there was no major grammar error that came to my attention.

Concluding comments:

Overall, the concern is clear with the explanation throughout the paper, and the process have a good flow to achieve the results from participants It is is well informative explaining the need for this research and easy to follow. You seem to be on the right track with your research plan and I hope my recommendations help you further improve your planning for this report proposal.

I had a pleasure reviewing your assignment. Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.