Peer Review of Andree’s Writing ‘You’ Attitude Memo to Evan Crisp

To:                        Andree Coschizza, ENGL 301 Student

From:                   Diane Keyes, ENGL 301 Student, DK

Date:                    November 24, 2019

Subject:               Peer Review of Writing with ‘You’ Attitude

Thank you for the opportunity to review your feedback to Evan Crisp regarding writing with ‘you’ attitude. The following is a short list of feedback to an otherwise clear and concise memo to Evan Crisp.

Format

• The memo was accurately formatted.

Grammar

• Remember to include punctuation at the end of each bullet point.
  • One suggestion to Evan was to write words in full instead of their contractions. Abiding by this in your memo (for example, changing ‘I’ve’ to ‘I have’ in the first paragraph) will maintain congruence between your writing and your message.
  • In the fourth bullet point section, the pronoun of the professor is assumed. Consider using ‘they’ if the gender is not specified.

Tone

• A well-written, friendly yet professional tone which communicates feedback clearly and concisely.
  • Strong demonstration of the ‘you’ attitude in the memo. The few instances where ‘I’ was used could be adjusted to maintain the ‘you’ attitude.
  • Specifying what is meant by ‘unnecessary details’ in the first section of bullet points can bring more clarity. Perhaps it could be re-phrased to ‘details that do not concern the professor’.

Again, thank you for the chance to review your memo to Evan Crisp; I hope this review provides some useful feedback to an otherwise very strong memo! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.