Business Letters (Complaint and Bad News)

Yury Zhuk
2329 West Mall,
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

November 27, 2019

Chatr Mobile
333 Bloor Street East, 8th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1G9

Dear Chatr Mobile Customer Service Team,

Chatr is well known for its competitive pricing and convenient services for users with unlocked phones. For over seven years, I have been a satisfied customer and have only had positive experiences using Mobilicity/Chatr services. However, an issue recently occurred which I would like to bring to your attention.

In May this year, one of your customer support agents assured that I would be able to deactivate my credit card, and re-register it within a 6-month time frame. When I attempted to do so in September, the Chatr app stated that my account was already disabled. Over the phone, your customer support agent assured me that the problem would be escalated to management and resolved quickly. However, I am still unable to use your services and my credit card is not being charged. My phone number is 778-714-1055 and my username is yuryzhuk.

I wish to resolve this matter quickly to continue using your services with my existing SIM card and phone number. It is understandable that your company may be undergoing technical and policy changes, but the information given to me at the time by the agent was correct. Please respect your policies and reinstate my account as soon as possible to retain me as a customer. Please contact me at my email, yury.zhuk@alumni.ubc.ca to discuss this matter.

Best regards,

Yury Zhuk

Lilian Hilton
Chatr Customer Service
333 Bloor Street East, 8th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1G9

November 27, 2019

Yury Zhuk
2329 West Mall,
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Mr. Zhuk,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and for your longstanding loyalty to our company. Customer satisfaction is important to Chatr and we try our best to provide the best service to you. After looking into this matter, I believe I found how this issue occurred.

Due to a recent policy change, the termination period for deactivated accounts was reduced to three months. It seems this was the situation with your account when you removed the billing credit card from our system. We apologize for the inconvenience and it is unfortunate that our agent was not able to assist you over the phone. Since the policy change happened after your account was already deactivated, we can offer to restore your account with your previous plan and phone number. Please call customer service and use extension #0549 so that we can confirm your details and record your new billing information.

Chatr is committed to ensuring the best experiences for our customers and intent on resolving this matter. Thank you for contacting the customer service department and bringing this issue to our attention. If you have further questions you may reply to this email, and otherwise it will be marked as “resolved” in two weeks.

Sincerely,

Lilian Hilton

Customer Service Representative,
Chatr Mobile