Business Letters – Complaint and Adjustment Letters

Complaint Letter

Joyce Wu
1125 Cliff Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5B 2E5

October 18, 2019

Save On Water Heater & Furnace Inc. 
84025 – 2844 Bainbridge Avenue 
Burnaby, BC  V5A 4T9

Attention: Mr. David Ju
Subject: Request for repair and service under warranty

Save On Water Heater & Furnace Inc. offers fast repair and replacement services in Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland on all brands of water heater and furnace. I recently contacted your company requesting for service due to loud noise coming from the furnace. I am grateful for your fast service; however, the furnace is not functioning properly as expected. 

You had responded to my request and came to service the furnace in the evening of October 17, 2019. You explained that the issue was caused by the inducer motor. I paid $250 for the replacement parts and $600 for installation and labour fees. You mentioned I get six months warranty on parts and three months on labour. 

After the replacement parts were installed, there was no loud noise coming from the furnace, so I thought the furnace was fixed. However, when I woke up this morning, I noticed from the thermostat that the room temperature had dropped to 16 degree Celsius when I had set to keep room temperature at 20 degree Celsius. I stood in front of the furnace for a while and quickly realized the furnace made no loud noise because it was not working. 

I would like to request for repair under warranty. With the weather forecast of temperatures below 10 degree Celsius for the next few days, I would greatly appreciate if you can fix the furnace within the next 3 days. 

Sincerely, 

Joyce Wu

Adjustment Letter

Save On Water Heater & Furnace Inc. 
84025 – 2844 Bainbridge Avenue 
Burnaby, BC  V5A 4T9

October 21, 2019

Ms. Joyce Wu
1125 Cliff Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5B 2E5

Dear Ms. Wu:

Thank you for contacting Save On Water Heater & Furnace Inc. We are sorry to hear that the furnace is not functioning as expected. The earliest available time we can schedule for repair service is in the evening of October 23, 2019. We will follow-up with a phone call to confirm the time. 

The heating cycle begins when the thermostat calls for heat. A temperature activated switch tells the control board inside the furnace to turn on the ignition switch. The inducer motor draws air through the heat exchanger and send the heated air through the ducts and vents. Based on the symptoms described in the letter, the issue may be caused by parts other than inducer motor. Detailed assessment is required to determine the actual cause of the issue. 

The six months warranty on parts and three months on labour are in regards to replacement of the inducer motor. The inducer motor can be replaced without additional cost within warranty period. Repair and replacement of parts other than the inducer motor will be invoiced separately. 

We understand the inconvenience of having furnace problems in the cold weather. As our valued customer, we would like to offer a 10% discount on installation and labour fees on parts outside of the warranty coverage. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at 604-779-1617. 

Yours truly, 

David Ju
President