Peer Review: Morgan Brandt’s Proposal

To: Morgan Brandt

From: Ranjit Dhaliwal

Date: October 16, 2019

Subject: Peer Review of Your Research Proposal

First Impressions

I really enjoyed reading your proposal. Clearly this is a topic that could use some insightful research and recommendations. It’s interesting to see how SW has a digital platform for certain staffing functions but not hour allocations. You did a great job in explaining the issues the organization is having and your proposal has a good flow to how you plan on potentially solving the misallocation of hours and hopefully making it easier for the employees.

Statement of Problem

As stated above, I think you did a great job in explaining the problem and how you plan on hopefully providing some useful information that can implement change.

Proposed Solutions

This section was also well thought out, the only issue I can see is if there are employees that might fill out the survey with the same requests. What would be the solution if there are several employees that want a certain gig or shift? In a situation like that would it go by seniority?

Scope

I think this section is very well planned and I can’t see anything wrong with the questions you have, I think the areas of inquiry that you are pursuing are very well thought out and should yield excellent findings.

Methods

Your primary data sources are spot on. I think it’s an excellent idea how you plan on interviewing various levels of management. This should give you a good feel for the corporate culture and management styles that exist at SW. The only issue I can see in this section is how you plan on allocating preferences to employees after you review your findings. I like the idea of creating an anonymous survey which helps with employees expressing themselves without the fears of doing so in a public way but how would you allocate preferences after the survey? Would you follow up with another survey that isn’t anonymous to eventually allocate stated preferences from the first survey?

Qualifications

I think you are duly qualified for this research proposal and your background in cultural industry will be a great asset during your research.

Grammar

In the Methods section please add in “I will” for the statement “For on-site observations (insert here) evaluate the characteristics…’

Final Thoughts

I think you have a great topic and an excellent methodical way of hopefully creating some positive changes for your organization. There are minimal issues to revise and I’m excited to see how your progress with this topic. If you have any questions regarding this feedback please feel free to contact me.

ENG 301 Ranjit Dhaliwal Peer Review Morgan Brandt Proposal