Two Business Letters: Complaint and Bad News – Meagan Rosenberg

Complaint Letter

RW & CO.
2960 Kingsway Drive
Kitchener, ON N2C 1X1
Canada

November 17, 2019

Meagan Rosenberg
455 Albert Street
Stratford, ON N5A 3L3
Canada
555-555-4586
m.rosenberg@alumni.ubc.ca

Attention: Customer Service Advisor of RW & CO.
Subject: Request for More Training Provided to Staff on Customer Service Skills

Dear Customer Service Advisor,

I am writing regarding a disappointing experience that I dealt with on September the 26th, 2019 at one of your stores. This was my first time visiting a RW&CO. store and I have heard many good things about the quality of clothes offered, but unfortunately the customer service was less than satisfactory.

The day I visited RW&CO. I was on a mission to find my mom a pair of pants that she could wear to her own wedding as she is terminally ill and doesn’t have the strength to look for herself. There were 3 employees working, one was helping a customer on cash and the others were at the back chatting to each other and folding clothes. With being the only other customer in the store, not one of the employees acknowledged me. I know for a fact that I looked distressed as I was frantically looking around in hopes to find something in the smallest size for my mom. I seen all 3 of the employees look at me at different times during my time at the front of the store, and not one bothered to say hello or ask if I needed help.

Taking matters into my own hands, I approached the two employees in the back chatting and patiently waited for them to finish talking to each other to see if they would then acknowledge my existence. Again, to my disappointment only one said ‘Hello’ and the other one kept folding clothes with no acknowledgement. I had to ask for help, as again they didn’t offer. To much avail after explaining what I was after, it seemed like I was wasting the employees time by having her show me what was available.

With being a plus size woman, I have dealt with many judgements and criticisms over the years- but what I experienced on the day I was in your store was terrible. I would highly recommend taking a closer look at your policies and guidelines that are in place for customer service, and make sure the employees are aware of them.

I appreciate your time in listening to my concerns regarding the customer service I received the day of visiting one of your stores. I believe RW&CO. does have great quality of clothes and am hoping at some point I will feel welcomed enough to visit again.

Sincerely,

Meagan Rosenberg

Bad News Adjustment Letter

Meagan Rosenberg
455 Albert Street
Stratford, ON N5A 3L3
Canada
555-555-4586
m.rosenberg@alumni.ubc.ca

November 17, 2019

RW & CO.
2960 Kingsway Drive
Kitchener, ON N2C 1X1
Canada

Re: Request for More Training Provided to Staff on Customer Service Skills

Dear Miss. Rosenberg,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience at RW&CO. We are very sorry to hear that your first visit with us was not a good one. Here at RW&CO. we take matters like this very seriously and are going to be investigating further into this situation, as we do not tolerate discrimination.

All employees are trained for each aspect of the job, including proper customer service. It seems like with your letter, we must explore developing a continuing education program for keeping our employee’s customer service skills top notch.

For the inconvenience and stress that this situation may have caused you, we would like to extend a $50 gift card to use at any of our sister stores including; Reitmans, Addition Elle, Penningtons, Thyme, and Hyba. We will be mailing it to the address you have included above.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies, and we hope that everything worked out well for your mom’s wedding outfit. Feel free to contact us at 1-855-232-7926 if you have any other concerns or comments. Thanks for your letter and all the best to you and your family.

Kind Regards,

Jim Smith

Hello everyone! I am currently a Registered Dental Hygienist practicing in Southern Ontario. I am enrolled to complete my ' Dental Sciences' degree!