Eleni is an Enrolment Services Professional in Student Support and Advising.  This means that she assists students with anything that falls under the Enrolment Services umbrella – from admissions to registration to graduation and everything in between.  After having been in this role for 6 years now, she says, “it has been really cool to see some students I met when they were in first year now move on through to graduation!”

What does Eleni enjoy most about Enrolment Services?  “The people, the culture, and the variety of work definitely keeps things interesting here. I get to be involved in projects that are as front facing as visiting high schools and recruiting students, to behind the scenes work like software implementation. There’s always something different to learn or get involved in!”

First question – Eleni tell us where you traveled to recently?

I was in Bali & the Philippines. I had been in other parts of South East Asia the year before and loved my time there. When I heard a friend that grew up in the Philippines was going back for a visit, I jumped on the opportunity to tag along. I added in the Bali leg for an additional week as it was so close by and heard it was a must from several friends as well!

What was the most memorable moment during your trip? 

Swimming with whale sharks in Donsol, Philippines was simply amazing!  They are such friendly, playful creatures and it was wonderful to have the chance to see them underwater.  It was a very long excursion to get to Donsol from where we were staying on Bohol Island, involving being on a boat for hours during a (thankfully) short monsoon, but still absolutely worth the trek.

Tell us about some of the food you had!

The daily activities in the surfer-hipster paradise town of Canguu, Bali were basically all planned around eating. Coffee, brunch, smoothie bowls, fresh, and lots of refreshing snacks! I had the most amazing eggs benny, complete with pash pop juice (passionfruit frappe) at Crate café. All the joints here were incredibly insta-worthy!

Finally do you have any advice for people wanting to travel to Bali or the Philippines?

If surf waves in Bali aren’t for you, then head to the Gili Islands!  It is just a short boat ride away where you can find beaches with sandy, warm, tropical blue water to enjoy!