Mom: Monika Wilson
Name of Pet: Mighty but will answer to Mighty Baby and The Mighty Monster
Age: 2 years and a 14 year old teenager in puppy years

Zenia: Mighty! It’s so lovely to finally meet you. You’re a busy puppers, I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me.

Mighty: *Currently running in circles at warp speed*

Zenia: No worries. I’ll just wait here. I have nothing better to do.

*5 minutes later Mighty stops*

Mighty: Did you bring the bacon?

Zenia: No, I’m so sorry but I’ll make it up to you with a medium roast drip coffee, I know that’s your favourite. Can you tell me about yourself? You have such noble bone structure, are you a doggie model?

Mighty: Thank you for noticing. Yes, I’m part of a long lineage of thoroughbred ShitPoms. I’ve been scouted here and there from Ballenciaga, Puprada and Leash Vuitton but those days are behind me. I enjoy working in the Student Recruitment and Advising Team, and quite frankly, I don’t know what the team would do without me. I’m an unofficial wellness manager. My services include walks and evidence based belly rub and scratchies therapy.

Zenia:  Belly rub and scratchies therapy are key components of any employee wellness program. What does your typical day look like?

Mighty: I spend the morning greeting the staff members of the SRA team and then spend the rest of the day in the Domestic Student Tours Precinct. Many students miss their puppers back home and I like to reassure them with my presence. We talk about student life and the best places to throw a frisbee around.

Zenia: What do you do after work when you’re not recruiting students for UBC?

Mighty: I’m starting a designer sock line. Can you link my Insta on here? I’m trying to build up my brand. Anyway, socks are poorly designed and haven’t been creatively re-imagined in ages. I take my inspiration from the world around me like any true artist would. Right now my muse is swiss cheese. I collect socks Mom leaves for me on the ground and take them back to my Tempur-pedic bed to work on my designs. Mom doesn’t share my vision for ventilated and deconstructed socks but I think she’ll come around when she sees the S/S 2018 line I have saved under her bed.

Zenia: Recruiter by day, visionary by night! That sounds exhilarating. How do you unwind on the weekends?

Mighty: I often spend the weekends sauntering up and down the seawall. It can be quite exhausting. Mom has a bad habit of throwing things around and I have to go check that it’s not anything important but it’s usually just sticks and I can head back to Mom. Sometimes I see squirrels or geese that I’m eager to make friends with but the feeling isn’t mutual. I should reconsider my approach. Listen, it’s been great talking to you but I need to run to a scratchies therapy session under Sean Boileau’s desk. Could you drop off the coffee you owe me soon?

Zenia: Of course! Thank you again for your time Mighty Baby!