Module 1 – post 1

http://www.aboriginalcanada.gc.ca/

I decided to start looking at what websites the Government of Canada. Their alphabetical index has 13 Aboriginal sites under A so I decided to start my links with the Aboriginal Canada Portal. The first cursory glance at this website is impressive. It is the usual format for a Government of Canada website but has links to major Aboriginal groups such as the Assembly of First Nations, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, Congress of Aboriginal Peoples, Metis National Council, Native Women’s Association of Canada and the Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers. There’s also a plethora of topics listed from Economic development, claims and treaties, education, environment, health and social services, housing, justice and policing, language and culture, and research. It includes features about current events with an Aboriginal perspective which currently includes the 2010 Olympic Winter Games Artisan Village, and information on the H1N1 flu virus. The subsequent pages which include a tremendous amount of information and links to government services and program, also have informational facts of the “Did you know?” variety that include links to more information. Links also include sources under the link to add some authority to the information. I will be referring back to this website frequently to help with some of my searches as well as hopefully information for my paper.

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.