Starting the “Digital Part” of Research Mod 2 – Post 3

For the 4E Camp, my responsibility is to create the digital framework for the learners. I have to create a “blog template” so they know what their blog could look like, as well as provide resources so student have scaffolded online support. I have to have enough information to support students, but not too much to overwhelm them. I also have to be culturally sensitive.

I spent a long time researching how to create a wordpress blog. Not just a free one, but a lesson that expaains the step by step process of designing a worpress blog from the domain name – A “from the beginning” type lesson and explanation. After spending too much time looking for a lesson, I found this amazing youtube video by Trevor Moore:

I spent hours watching the video, pausing, then making my blog. I truly took flipped open learning to a new level for me.

This is what my blog looks like today: 4E Blog

Indigenous connections…..

I have already had the feedback that I need to make it less “pan Indigenous” based on the image of the Inukchuk playing. I will work to rethink images and design – from an indigenous point of view.

V:)