Face to Face Research – Mod 3 – post 5

For the next three days I am at the COBL Summit. http://blogs.learnquebec.ca/wordpress-mu/cobl/The goal is to create a Canadian association for online and blended learning. We first met last year in Toronto – and have since met 3 times in New Orleans (at the iNACOL conference), Vancouver and in Edmonton. Through these meetings, we have met with a wide variety of educators with different perspectives. We have Christian private schools, First Nations schools, public school districts and more. A real blend of perspectives. Tonight I spent time with Howard Burston – Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre and Vince HIll with Credenda . We talked about Indigenous Knowledge as the foundation to future learning opportunities for all Canadians – First Nations and not. We briefly spoke about my project – comparing indigenous knowledge to emerging and cutting edge pedagogy and will discuss further as the week proceeds.

There was  A LOT of interest in creating content and online resources for Nunavut – I will need to check with Heather to see whom these great first nation online resources can contact.

It is important to not only learn from online resources for my project, but also to meet and hear the stories of indigenous educators in online and blended education. What a great opportunity!